Ten Things I Have Learned About Portland and/or the Supernatural World from Binge-watching Grimm
I’m moving to Portland from Seattle in upcoming months, so I am trying to prepare myself. Here’s what Grimm has taught me so far in the first few seasons.
- I’m going to need to learn to speak Medieval German, apparently.
- Most Portland crime takes place close to the river, with a minimum of three trailers in a state of disrepair in close proximity.
- Avoid any potions given to one by Hexenbiests. Also Hexenbiests get special discounts at most shops.
- Love of a good microbrew crosses species lines.
- Never go jogging with headphones in.
- Never enter a Portland cargo container. particularly at night.
- The term “Prince” can be misleading.
- Portland PD deals a LOT with Wesen cases, but inexplicably has missed their presence among humanity up till and including now. What else are they missing?
- You can pack an enormous quantity of cabinets into an Airstream trailer and still retain enough space to wave large weapons around, including elephant guns. Note to self: possible housing option?
- If you can get some Eisbibers indebted to you, you are set for minor household repairs and fresh produce for life. Note to self: definitely going to see about this one.